There are times when you wish to cancel all classes for a certain period. It could be because of an emergency or due to the holiday season etc. You can easily do this without having to edit every single class. Just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Decide when you need to cancel your classes
- Let’s assume you wish to cancel all classes from Jan 9th 2012 to Jan 15th 2012. Notice that you have 2 recurring events during this period
Step 2: Create a calendar event for the cancelled classes
- Add the Event Title. You can make this title bold by adding the HTML tag <strong> your text </strong>.
- Add the Event Description.
- You can make the description bold by selecting the text and clicking ‘b’. Notice the same <strong>HTML tags gets added.
- Set the Event Category to ‘Holidays’. This tells My Calendar that classes need to be cancelled when they fall during this event’s start and end date.
- Set the Start Date. In our example we want all classes to be cancelled from Jan 9th 2012.
- Set the Time to ‘No Time/All day’.
- Set the End Date. In our example we want all classes to be cancelled till Jan 15th 2012.
- Set the End Time to the same as the Start Time i.e. ‘No Time/All day’. Don’t forget to hit the ‘Save Event’ button at the bottom.
Step 3: Preview the calendar
- Preview the calendar page in your browser. You can see that the entire period from Jan 9th – Jan 15th 2012, has just one event – the classes cancelled event. The classes for the next week remain unchanged.
Step 4: Classes still being displayed in the calendar
If you find that classes are still being displayed during the holiday period. Do the following:
- Go back into the ‘Add/Edit’ events of My Calendar and click on ‘Edit’ of the event that is still being displayed in the calendar. The events will be found under ‘Manage Events’ at the bottom.
- Make sure that this check box is checked.
- Click on the ‘Save Event’ . Preview your calendar again, the event will not be displayed during the holiday period.