Step 1 – Add a new calendar event
- Click on the ‘My Calendar’ option in the WordPress Dashboard.
- The ‘Add/Edit Event’ screen will come up.
- Enter the Title of the event. This will appear on the calendar.
- Enter the Description of the event. Text, links to posts/pages can be entered here. This is what will appear when you click on the event in the calendar.
- An image can also be uploaded for the event by clicking on the Upload Image. This image will be visible when you click on the event in the calendar.
- Enter the category of the event. Categories need to be created previously.
- Enter the date when the event starts.
- Enter the time when the event starts.
- Enter the date when the event ends.
- Enter the time when the event ends.
- If the event repeats regularly then enter the number of times it will occur further. The event will automatically get added that many times more in your calendar. For eg. if your event occurs 9 times then enter 8 here.
- Enter the frequency the event occurs. For example, daily, weekly etc.
Step 2 – Save the Event
- Click on ‘Save Event’ and your new event will be saved.
- The new event will appear under ‘Manage Events’.
- To edit an existing event hit the ‘Edit’ link of the event. You can also copy an existing event instead of creating an event from scratch, by clicking on the ‘Copy’ link.
Step 3 – Preview the Calendar
This is how the event will appear in the calendar. Unlike a normal post to preview a calendar event, you have to navigate to the calendar page on your website. It’s better to have your website open in another tab in your browser.