Sometimes you need to edit just a single event of a recurring event series. ‘My Calendar’ creates a single entry for a recurring event. If you wish to edit a recurring event as a whole then edit the event through the ‘Add/Edit Events’ under ‘My Calendar’ in the WordPress dashboard. However when you need to edit just a single event of a recurring series, follow the steps below.
Step 1: After Logging into WordPress as the adminstrator
- Right Click on your website name after logging into WordPress as an administrator in the WordPress dashboard. Click on the ‘Open link in new tab’ . This will open your website in a new tab in your browser. Navigate to the calendar page on your website.
Step 2: Select the single event from a recurring series from the calendar page on your website
- Click on the event you wish to edit. In this example, the event we wish to edit is the event ‘Yoga Classes’ on the 23rd.
- Click on ‘Edit This Date’ to edit the details of this particular event in the ‘Yoga Classes’ recurring series.
Step 3: Edit the selected event
- Make sure you are editing the correct event date in this recurring series.
- Edit the content. In this example I’ve added ‘Class Cancelled’.
- Make the text bold by selecting the text and clicking on ‘b’. We are in the ‘HTML’ editor .
- Make the change bold. This needs little bit of HTML. Add the bold tags <strong> Class Cancelled </strong> in the Event Title. Don’t forget to ‘Save Event’ at the bottom.
Step 4: Preview the changes you made
- To preview the event that you just edited. Go back to to the calendar page on your website in the browser. You will see that the event on the 23rd now appears with ‘Class Cancelled’ in bold. If you click on this event the event description will also show ‘Class Cancelled’ in bold.