Step 1 – Get the code to embed your video from YouTube
We assume that your video is already posted on YouTube.
- Enter the name of the video you wish to embed into your page/post.
- Hit the Search button to find it. Once you found the right video. Open that video in YouTube.
- Hit Share.
Step 1a – Embed or Copy
- If you do not need to need to change any of the Default YouTube video options just hit ‘Copy’ the URL will be copied into your clipboard, All you have to do now is paste (CTRL+V) this URL in your post (Step 2 in this tutorial). However If you need to change any of the YouTube default option then hit ‘Embed’ and continue to Step 1b of this tutorial.
Step 1b- Embed
- 4. Check what controls you wish to appear in the video. E.g. the ‘Show suggested videos have been unchecked’.
- 5. This is the embed code that has to pasted onto to your post.
- 6. By Clicking on the ‘Copy’ button the embed code will be copied into your clipboard, All you have to do now is paste (CTRL+V) this embed code in your post.
Click on the link for more information on embedding YouTube videos.
Step 2 – Paste/Embed the video in your post/page
- Edit the page/post you wish to add the video.
- Click on the ‘TEXT’ (previously called HTML) tab to make sure you are in the TEXT editor. This switch is only needed if you are Embedding (Step 1b) code. For Step 1a you can remain in the ‘Visual’ editor of WordPress.
- Paste the code that you copied from YouTube ‘CTRL+V’ (from Step 1a or 1b).
- Publish/Update the page/post.
- View the page/post to preview it.
Step 3 – Preview the Page/Post
- This is what the embed code will finally look like. Remember, you can always change the options by going back to the video in YouTube and changing what you need.