Have you been to Youtube and watched a video you really liked. But then you start to the read the comments and are horrified at the kind of comments people post. Don’t you wonder why no one is moderating these comments. Well with the SimplePress Forum this will never be an issue. You always have the option to moderate every topic/post that anyone makes.
So here we have 4 steps that allow you to quickly moderate posts and topics in SimplePress. You can jump straight to Step 4 if you have setup an email alert.
Step 1 – Log into the Forum as the Admininstrator
- Click on the Log In button
- Enter the administrator user name and password. (Note: ‘Administrator’ is not the Administrator user name). Then Click the ‘log in’ button.
Step 2: View a list all the the new topics or posts that need moderation
- The ‘Needs Moderation’ box tells you how many posts need moderation. Additionaly you will receive an email everytime there is a new topic/post. This email alert can be turned off if it is just easier to login to the forum to check for new posts. Clicking on the link in the email will take you directly to the post (See Step 4).
- Click on ‘View New Posts’ to see a list of all new posts.
Step 3 – Approve or Delete the new Topic/Post
- This screen will give you a list of all Topics with new posts. To see each new post click on the ‘View’ button next to it.
- The new topic will be displayed with the ‘Awaiting Moderation’ sign.
- These buttons will allow you to take different actions on the post awaiting moderation.
- To just quickly approve the post simply click ‘Mark this Post Approved and Close’.
- If you do not wish to approve this post, simply click ‘Delete this Post’.
- To Approve and add a short reply click on ‘ Mark this Post Approved and Quick Reply’.
- To Approve the post but you wish to add a long reply click ‘ Mark this Post Approved and to to the Topic’.
Step 4 – Approve a post from the email link (assuming you have setup an email alert for new posts)
- When you recieve an email to moderate a new post, the email will contain a link to the new post. Click on the link and you should be taken directly to the post (you may have to login). Hover your mouse over the left side of the post till you see the ‘toolset’ icon. Double click on this icon a small popup will open on the top right of the window with a list of options available to you as the Administrator.
- Click on the ‘Approve this post’. The post will be approved (Note: you could still follow Step 2 & 3 instead).
You have just learned how to moderate posts using the SimplePress Forum in 4 easy steps. Addtionally if you have setup an email alert for new posts then all you need is Step 4.
You can be sure that your visitors will be never be horrified by your forum posts like those sometimes found in YouTube.
Still have questions, just shoot me an email through our Contact Form.