Website Protection (does my site need it?)
Remember when you bought your first shiny new car. It was your most prized possession. However to protect and keep it in perfect running order you had to take it in for regular maintenance. Just like your car, your website also needs regular maintenance and protection.
Your site is live. What happens next?
Yeah! your website is live and you are on your way. However it’s also very important to keep your website secure with regularly updates.
Why you might ask? Well keeping your site updated helps in protecting and keeping your website secure. WordPress regularly puts out updates. Most of these updates are for new features and bug fixes. And usually with these updates they also plug security holes if any.
Hackers are always trying to break into websites – that’s the world we live in. A website owner’s best defense against this, is to keep their website up to date. And of course to always have a backup. 🙂 So if you do get hacked, there is no need to panic, restoring the backup will get you up and running again.
Is it for me?
Many website owners feel very comfortable maintaining it on their own. And I say more power to you. If you are one of these people then you are good to go.
However, maintaining a site can take time. Time that can be better served working on your business. Or you may just not have that extra time to give your website the attention that it needs. Or maybe you just don’t want the hassle of maintaining your website on a regular basis. If this is you then read on.
How we differ from a Managed WordPress site
Most managed WP sites will keep your WordPress site updated. However they will not update your theme or the plugins your site uses. If they encounter a problem while applying a new WP version they roll back to the previous version and leave it to you figure out what to do. This also means you are responsible for ensuring the theme and plugins are kept updated.
Our maintenance package includes the update of WordPress, the theme and all the plugins used. This ensures that maintenance is truly stressfree. If there are issues with old plugins or themes we work with you to see how we can resolve the issue. We will never just leave you to fend for yourself.
Our goal is always to go beyond and take that extra step in customer satisfaction.
Get peace of mind
As we have designed your website, we know your site inside out. Hire us and you know your website will be in good hands.
“After I hired StressLessWeb to do maintenance, I was impressed at how careful and thorough they were with the updates. They first updated the sandbox before updating my site.
That’s when I realized that, the way StressLessWeb was doing the updates, (1) takes more than a couple of minutes, and (2) meant that I would never experience my site being out of commission for a week (because they were being so careful to do updates in the sandbox first). So I felt very reassured about my business never being at risk of being impacted by updates.”
Passion for Law of Attraction, Owner
So what’s included
- Monthly of update of your website. We always first apply all updates on a sandbox site that we create. If an update fails or breaks we do not apply that particular update on the live site. Using a sandbox site ensures that your live site never goes down due to an update. Our monthly update includes update of :
- Monthly external backup of your website. What this means is that every month we take a backup of your website and store it on our servers. Remember we’ve also setup a backup routine on your website server.
- Setup regular malware scans if not already done. Also set it up so we get email updates from these scans. And if needed take action on these scans.
- Take immediate action to update the website when there is a security release from WordPress, theme or plugin(s).
- Provide a monthly status of what was done and any issues encountered. And discuss ways to work out any update issues encountered.
- Our goal is to ensure that updates are as smooth as possible without any stress to you.
How much does it cost?
Some sites are e-commerce sites, some sites have special plugins. So you can see that every website is different.
Our special client rates start at $24.99 a month with a one year contract.
Can I get by with adhoc updates?
Many people think they can skate through by just updating their site once in awhile. However this just makes it more time consuming and expensive to carry out updates. And don’t forget you are leaving your site vulnerable by not updating regularly.
Just like maintaining that shiny new car, getting regular maintenance for your new website will protect and keep it in top running order.
Not an existing client?
This service is primarily for our clients. However contact us to find out how we can help you.